NCJW is accepting applications for the following positions:
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) works with the Chief Executive Officer, senior staff and Board in overseeing strategic direction for all development efforts. The CDO leads NCJW’s development department and serves as a key member of the Senior Management team. The CDO is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a comprehensive development strategy for increasing the organization’s philanthropic and grants revenue building capacity in an efficient, sustainable and cost-effective manner. The CDO reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate, oversee and/or implement all fundraising operations including:
- Major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Foundation relationship development and grant seeking
- Corporate relationships and sponsorship
- Board philanthropy
- Planned giving and endowments
- Direct mail
- National fundraising events
- Oversee multi-year capacity-building campaign to sustain NCJW’s future
- Expand and enhance NCJW’s planned giving program, utilizing direct mail, contact with individuals and presentations to the sections
- Oversee planning and execution of small and large donor cultivation fundraising events
- Direct and supervise development department staff
- Build and maintain a portfolio of major gift prospects including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for each prospect
- Ensure the integrity of donor data system and acknowledgement process
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board Development Committee and Nominating Committee
- Create and monitor development budget (both expenses and revenue projections)
- Participate in meetings, conferences, retreats, solicitations and events (travel required
- Perform other duties as assigned by CEO
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of NCJW and the ability to articulate the importance of the organization’s work to prospective and current funders
- Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible development experience in a nonprofit environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management skills with a record of nurturing and managing a talented and diverse staff
- Significant experience in securing funding from individuals, corporations and/or foundations
- Successful track record in soliciting major gifts from existing and new prospects
- Ability to work successfully with people at all levels within the organization, board members, donors and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to develop, foster and sustain one-to-one donor relationships
- Experience with donor databases, particularly Raiser’s Edge
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community and/or with women’s organizations
- BA, master’s degree in relevant field preferred
How to apply:
For immediate consideration please submit, with the subject line, “Chief Development Officer” to email@example.com —your resume, cover letter and a PDF with two – three writing samples, e.g. grant proposals, case statements, solicitation letters.
NCJW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to build a diverse staff. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, veterans, and members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCJW offers competitive salary and benefits.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NCJW. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.